I had a lot of new experiences in the last two weeks. I wrote about ‘growth plate test’. To put it simply, growth plate is found between the joints and is the places where the bones grow. The test is attracting considerable interest not only because they can predict how tall a child is going to be, but because they even read the general health condition of a child. It has been ten years since many hospitals in Korea have been giving test.
Most of the children taking the tests are between the ages of 10-13. The test starts by extrapolating the height of the child by drawing references to the parents. Many scientific models already exist to forecast a child’s height.
X-ray observations of the hand then examine the state of growth sprouts in the joints. The hand has more than 20 spots of growth sprouts and makes it possible for the most accurate assessments.
I hoped to write about non-finance sector because I’m lack of experiences expect for finance sector. And Korean reporters had to change their beat about once two years. So if I returned my home, I'm also not an exception. It’s related my training plan.
Also I thought over ‘Investigate report’ and how important is the background knowledge. I took part in our special edition with my mentors. We focused on the banks how to be affected by real estate recession. Because in recent years California is one of the most property booming.
At first we gathered information about banks located in California states though FDIC and FRB. We checked all, there are 50 banks, one by one. This work is not easy. Because the accounting terms on financial statements didn’t unify.
So we recalculated a lot of things. Some banks used ‘Real Estate Loan’ but the others used ‘Commercial and Industrial Loans’. Our special edition that had 6 page articles and 4 page charts was born finally.

댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기